Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
Better than your plain old burger -- really good !! We have on onion buns and serve with baked beans and corn on the cob and fresh fruit salad. Good SUMMER eating!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons woody's barbecue sauce concentrate
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 4 slices cheese (we like havarti)
- Mix first five ingredients well and shape into 8 flat 4" burgers, make 4 of the burgers a little bit bigger.
- Top the larger patties with the cheese of your choice and top with remaining patties pinching to seal.
- Grill about 8 minutes per side.
- Try to flip only once.
I'm not putting any stars, because I don't know what happened, but they didn't get done even after doubling the time on each side. I just wonder if this is common of the recipe or if it's just me.
Great burgers! DH had these on the grill in no time, and is wanting them again for our annual Memorial Day BBQ. Thanks for posting, tamibic! UPDATE: Made these for 7/4/08, and once again, they did not disappoint! This time, I opted for a smoked cheddar to go in the middle. Really complimented the whole burger.
I would have liked to try this, but you don't mention in the directions what to do with the BBQ sauce, the sugar and the McCormicks. Could you please correct your recipe? Thanks!