Recipe by tamibic
Better than your plain old burger -- really good !! We have on onion buns and serve with baked beans and corn on the cob and fresh fruit salad. Good SUMMER eating!
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
I'm not putting any stars, because I don't know what happened, but they didn't get done even after doubling the time on each side. I just wonder if this is common of the recipe or if it's just me.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons woody's barbecue sauce concentrate
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 4 slices cheese (we like havarti)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients well and shape into 8 flat 4" burgers, make 4 of the burgers a little bit bigger.
- Top the larger patties with the cheese of your choice and top with remaining patties pinching to seal.
- Grill about 8 minutes per side.
- Try to flip only once.