Recipe by Bergy
If you do not like garlic omit it. If you like spice add some hot pepper flakes. This was originally a Kraft recipe. I love it! The servings depend on your company and what you are serving this with. -2 teenagers could devour the whole loaf. If using it as an appetizer it could serve 10 people - This may also be baked in the oven
Top Review by LAURIE
OMG....This was so good!! As I was taking it off the grill the 16yo and 17yo were literally following me in the house. I wanted to do a picture but they were pulling it apart and demolishing it!! I used 2 TBS of minced garlic mixed into the cheese and next time I was asked to also sprinkle some mozzarella shredds into the pieces and to serve it with pizza sauce!! Yes the teenagers in this house (and mom too) loved this one! Thanks Bergy!
- 1 loaf of round bread (White, whole wheat or 12 grain)
- 1 jar Cheez Whiz or 1 jar other soft cheese spread (medium size)
- 4 cloves garlic, squeezed
- aluminium aluminum foil, wrap
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the loaf into 1" slices but do not cut right through just down to the last 1/2" Turn the loaf and cross cut also into 1" slices, again do not cut right through just down to the last half inch Mix cheese Whiz& garlic.
- Spread the cheese mix generously between the slices,get it right down into the bread, don't break the fingers Wrap the loaf in double aluminium foil and seal.
- Place on upper rack of BBQ.
- Close lid& cook on medium heat for apprx 15 minutes.
- Open the foil and start pulling the finger from the outside toward the center The bottom crust is worth fighting for!