Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different, delicious way to cook salmon. Very delectable, very gourmet, very easy!
Make and share this BBQ Cedar Plank Salmon with Maple recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the cedar plank (s) overnight.
- You can buy cedar planks for cooking salmon at many grocery stores.
- If you can't find one at a grocery store, make sure the cedar you use has no wood preservatives or other chemicals in it, unless you're into eating that sort of stuff.
- Might I recommend a glass of turpentine as a lovely accompanyment if you use preserved wood.
- Start the BBQ and preheat to HIGH.
- Rub the filets all over with olive oil.
- Sprinkle them with fresh dill and onion.
- Drizzle with juice from the fresh lemon.
- Sprinkle the cedar plank with the salt and place it on the now hot BBQ grill.
- Leave it there for about 3 minutes, until it appears mostly dry on top (remember, it was soaking in water and should be quite wet....) Place your salmon filets (skin side down if the skin's still on them) on the plank.
- Turn down the BBQ to low.
- Drizzle some real maple syrup over the filets.
- This is the secret ingredient.
- Not Aunt Jemima.
- Cook on low for about 10-15 min depending on the size of the filets.
- When it appears the salmon is done ie.
- flakes easily, slide the filets off the cedar plank onto the BBQ grill, skin down.
- Crank up the BBQ to high, put some more maple syrup on top and cover for about 2 minutes.
- This should finish off the salmon nicely, leaving delicious filets ready to eat, and skin that peels off easily if you don't like to eat it.
Delicious! My husband said, "I could eat it this every day!!" Followed your recipe exactly and it was wonderful! Thank you!
You can't get any better than this. I leaned on the light side so that the taste of the fish would shine through! Lovely....but then I have always been partial to salmon!!! Good posting, Duck-Man!!!
Very easy and low prep time. I used a Weber Charcoal grill and the flavor was amazing. Cook time a little longer on the Weber. Put coals on one side of the grill. For high heat cook directly over coals, low heat move away from coals. My fillets were large (over 1 lb. of fish) so it took about 25 mins of actual grilling time. Neal / Amelia Island, FL