Recipe by angela hollander
My husbands friend came to visit one night while we were BBQing and gave us this recipe. We invited him for dinner that night and he made the dish, and needless to say, I was hooked! I even got up the next morning and heated some for breakfast! Grilling this on a charcoal grill tastes best, but either will do. If there are left overs, it is good with shredded cheese over the dish. If you live in the north and don't want to brave the BLIZZARD!!, this can be done in the oven as well at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes (just watch for tenderness!). Cooking cabbage this way gives it a totally different flavor!
- 1 head cabbage (any size)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt & pepper
- any color bell pepper (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- baby carrots (optional)
- grape tomatoes (they will burst when cooking) (optional)
- bacon (already cooked, or anything else you can think of! I usually use cabbage and one other ingredient at) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cabbage into wedges and separate wedges.
- If you are using other ingredients, slice those up as well.
- Prepare foil by spraying with Pam or something else that will prevent sticking Place cabbage and other ingredients in center of foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop butter or margarine on top of cabbage.
- Fold foil into "packet" by folding sides in first, then rolling ends (be sure there is no way the butter can drip out) Cook on grill (charcoal or gas, but charcoal tastes best) on medium heat for about 30 minutes. The mixture is done when cabbage and other ingredients are tender!