Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Really easy and really good.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- In a bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
This was delicious and so easy to put together. I only baked this for half the time stated, otherwise it would have been too dry. Will make it again. Thanks
Super easy, and tasty, too! My husband particularly enjoyed this. Will make it again.
I always thought I hated lima beans until I tried these-anything with bacon is worth a try! So good. Beats those canned beans that always seem to be served at cookouts by a mile! Sometimes I cook the bacon and onion, mix everything together and heat on stove or microwave when it's too hot to use the oven.