Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My son is a "graduated chef" from college, and requested that he "cook" for his family on a visit home last fall. I expect that to show the "Old Duffer" that there are in fact, ways to "do the impossible" and grill broccoli and cauliflower, he ran up these "kebabs" for us, and trust me, they were sensational! "Good" restaurant grade, you might want to season with "Chinese 5 Spice Mix"...
- 113.39 g rice wine vinegar
- 226.79 g vegetable oil
- 28.34 g fine chopped garlic
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 14.79 ml salt (I'd use Sea Salt)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 12 button mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes or 12 grape tomatoes
- 12 large broccoli florets
- 12 large cauliflower florets
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced in 12 pieces (red or green)
- 1 large vidalia onion, cut into 24 pieces
- 170.09 g zucchini
- 170.09 g yellow squash
- Combine the marinade and set aside.
- Cut zucchini and squash to 1/2-inch semi circles.
- Blanch and refresh zucchini, squash, onion, cauliflower, broccoli and pepper.
- Drain thoroughly, and mix, with mushrooms into marinade.
- Allow to soak for 30-45 minutes.
- Spear onto soaked bamboo skewers (with tomatoes!).
- Grill at high heat until done, turning frequently.
So Good.. Took Wigals advice and Cut up cauliflower and broccoli into smaller pieces. Loved the seasonings, and it made for a nice dinner by itself. Made for I Rec ommend.
Love the presentation! Tastes great! Versatile. Huge serving size. Blanched veggies (except mushrooms) for two minutes. Should have cut cauliflower up smaller-instead of two inch should have been 1. Dh had on grill for 15 minutes. Posted two pics, one showing the gizmo we used for charcoal grill, and second pic afterwards. I blanched the veggies and prepared marinade earlier in day. Thank you to John's son.
Well, I'm a believer! I love grilled vegetables, but never thought to use broccoli or cauliflower. I will now. They stand up well to the heat and do not fall apart. The seasoning was perfect. They also cooked quite quickly. Thanks for sharing this unique recipe.