1/2 Photos of BBQ Broccoli and Cauliflower? My Son's Recipe!
John DOH's Note:
My son is a "graduated chef" from college, and requested that he "cook" for his family on a visit home last fall. I expect that to show the "Old Duffer" that there are in fact, ways to "do the impossible" and grill broccoli and cauliflower, he ran up these "kebabs" for us, and trust me, they were sensational! "Good" restaurant grade, you might want to season with "Chinese 5 Spice Mix"...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces rice wine vinegar
- 8 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 ounce fine chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt (I'd use Sea Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Combine the marinade and set aside.
- 2Cut zucchini and squash to 1/2-inch semi circles.
- 3Blanch and refresh zucchini, squash, onion, cauliflower, broccoli and pepper.
- 4Drain thoroughly, and mix, with mushrooms into marinade.
- 5Allow to soak for 30-45 minutes.
- 6Spear onto soaked bamboo skewers (with tomatoes!).
- 7Grill at high heat until done, turning frequently.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Broccoli and Cauliflower? My Son's Recipe!
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.8
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar