Recipe by John DOH
My son is a "graduated chef" from college, and requested that he "cook" for his family on a visit home last fall. I expect that to show the "Old Duffer" that there are in fact, ways to "do the impossible" and grill broccoli and cauliflower, he ran up these "kebabs" for us, and trust me, they were sensational! "Good" restaurant grade, you might want to season with "Chinese 5 Spice Mix"...
Top Review by weekend cooker
So Good.. Took Wigals advice and Cut up cauliflower and broccoli into smaller pieces. Loved the seasonings, and it made for a nice dinner by itself. Made for I Rec ommend.
- 4 ounces rice wine vinegar
- 8 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 ounce fine chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt (I'd use Sea Salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 button mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes or 12 grape tomatoes
- 12 large broccoli florets
- 12 large cauliflower florets
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced in 12 pieces (red or green)
- 1 large vidalia onion, cut into 24 pieces
- 6 ounces zucchini
- 6 ounces yellow squash
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the marinade and set aside.
- Cut zucchini and squash to 1/2-inch semi circles.
- Blanch and refresh zucchini, squash, onion, cauliflower, broccoli and pepper.
- Drain thoroughly, and mix, with mushrooms into marinade.
- Allow to soak for 30-45 minutes.
- Spear onto soaked bamboo skewers (with tomatoes!).
- Grill at high heat until done, turning frequently.