Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is best when the sauce doesn't have a lot of fancy flavors like hickory in it. Use just a plain bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Mix sauce and liquid smoke.
- Pour over meat in glass baking dish.
- Bake covered with foil at 275 degrees for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Chill Overnight, then bring to room temperature before slicing.
- Heat in juices saved from baking.
My friend from Texas gave me a similar recipe without the liquid smoke. I make this several times a month. It's the easiest, quickest prep ever and the entire family asks for it constantly. We eat it hot with sides like potatoes or a green salad... makes great sandwiches and leftovers!