Recipe by Bergy
These are really good served on an Italian bun topped with your favoritew condiments. I love a dark sweet mustard,raw sweet onion, tomatoe, horseradish and chopped hot or sweet peppers. Sometimes I use just sauerkraut and sweet mustard - Use your own imagination & enjoy. Use your own favorite sausage!
Top Review by ChipotleChick
These were so good! I loved the marinade...it smelled very good on the stove. I used Corona beer, which gave the brats a light flavor. I served them with red onion, relish, different mustards, ketchup, and mayonnaise (I have a weird friend), with pasta salad and balsamic marinated grilled asparagus on the side. This was our first time making brats, and it went over very well! They all got eaten! Thanks for sharing such a tasty recipe!
- 8 beef sausages
- 1 cup lager beer or 1 cup light ale
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick the sausages with a fork and place them in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Pour the beer in a sauce pan add the sage leaves, worcestershire sauce, onion and pepper, bring to a boil and then pour over the sausages.
- Marinate the sausages for 4-6 hours in the fridge.
- BBQ over medium High heat for apprx 15 minutes, turning frequently or until they are cooked through.