I made this recipe last night for the first time and they are good! This is great if you are having a gang in and want a "do it yourself" style dinner (whatever) have baked beans on the side.
- Put the brats, onions, peppercorns, cloves, garlic in a saucepan, pour in the beer.
- Bring to a boil and simmer the brats 15 minutes.
- Drain (you can do this early in the day and then just have the BBQ step to do before serving).
- BBQ the brats about 10 minutes.
- Spray with water while BBQing to form a crisp skin.
- Serve on the roll with mustard and hot peppers or other relish or serve them as your meat for dinner.