Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
these smell good enough for me to eat...maybe I should taste just one!
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- place whole wheat flour, wheat germ and oats in a medium mixing bowl, blend with a whisk.
- add bbq sauce, oil, egg and water and mix well.
- sprinkle half of the cornmeal over a sheet of wax paper, place dough on waxed paper, sprinkle remaining cornmeal on top of dough.
- roll out to 1/4" thickness.
- cut with cookie cutters or cut into rectangles with sharp knife.
- place on sprayed cookie sheets.
- bake at 350* for 30 minutes or a little longer if you want a harder treat -- .
I have been making these dog treats ever since I found them about six years ago. Every dog I have made them for just loves them! I just finished making about ten dozen I think for my dog and for my nephew's fiance's two dogs. I know they will love them too! Thanks for a great recipe!
These appear to be pretty tasty, judging from the dogs' reactions. I did mix the corn meal into the dough and used flour to roll out my second batch, because the corn meal seemed to just flake off everywhere on me. Thanks for the recipe!
Chrissy is always my "Hoover" when I'm in the kichen. She sees to it that nothing stays on the floor! Today when I made these I used a SF Mustard BBQ Sauce. She has associated that BBQ smell from my kitchen to meat, so I definitely had trouble moving around. Chrissy says 10 stars, but 5 is darn good!