Recipe by grandma2969
these smell good enough for me to eat...maybe I should taste just one!
Top Review by Aunty Pen
I have been making these dog treats ever since I found them about six years ago. Every dog I have made them for just loves them! I just finished making about ten dozen I think for my dog and for my nephew's fiance's two dogs. I know they will love them too! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- place whole wheat flour, wheat germ and oats in a medium mixing bowl, blend with a whisk.
- add bbq sauce, oil, egg and water and mix well.
- sprinkle half of the cornmeal over a sheet of wax paper, place dough on waxed paper, sprinkle remaining cornmeal on top of dough.
- roll out to 1/4" thickness.
- cut with cookie cutters or cut into rectangles with sharp knife.
- place on sprayed cookie sheets.
- bake at 350* for 30 minutes or a little longer if you want a harder treat -- .