One of my favorite recipes from 1,001 Vegetarian Recipes. Also one of the first recipes I tried to cook when I first became a vegetarian. Sounds funny, tastes great! Even my carnivorous roommate from college loved this one.
- Heat oil over medium heat
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook until softened.
- Stir in the water and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and return to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the corn beans and BBQ sauce and heat through.