Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Food network and I love it...my family was so in love with it. Great Hot or Cold...Great for kids also. Enjoy it...
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil on a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and saute 5 minutes. Add beans and corn and season with salt and pepper.
- When corn heats through, add barbecue sauce. Stir to combine and serve succotash with chopped chives, parsley or cilantro to garnish.
Made this for dinner tonight and it turned out great! I fixed it with brown rice. It was a very zesty tasting and filling dish.
This made a wonderful side to go with Coffee and Spice Smoked Tri-Tip and coleslaw. Not having a red onion, I used a minced shallot and substitute a green bell pepper for the red. The dish was garnished as suggested with chives. Thanks for sharing this quick and delicious side dish.
Great side dish for a Mexican meal or any kind of grilled meat. Quick and easy to make.