Recipe by Tylers Mom
I found this recipe on Food network and I love it...my family was so in love with it. Great Hot or Cold...Great for kids also. Enjoy it...
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and saute 5 minutes. Add beans and corn and season with salt and pepper.
- When corn heats through, add barbecue sauce. Stir to combine and serve succotash with chopped chives, parsley or cilantro to garnish.