Recipe by Mary Cokenour
A beef stew take on my Taste of Home recipe, "Beefy Barbecue Macaroni". From my food blog at: http://www.comfortcookadventures.com/2013/07/beans-and-beef-doesnt-always-mean-chili.html
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef cubes, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (hickory brown sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 4 quart crock pot with nonstick cooking spray; set on low heat. Spread beef cubes on bottom and sprinkle flour over all. Spread other ingredients out in layers: onions, bell pepper, beans and tomatoes. Pour bbq sauce on top; cover and cook for 8 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, cooked pasta, rice or polenta.