Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is an easy and inexpensive quick meal. It was passed down to me from my grandma. My hubby loves it. The kids do to and there the picky type. If you want to cut out extra calories the dont use the rolls it is good no matter how it is done!!!
- 14 ounces beef smoked sausage (I use hillshire farm brand)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar barbecue sauce (a sweeter kind works best)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 12 count of king's hawaiian rolls (optional)
- Cut up sausage into about 10 pieces, then split each one in half so that they can lay flat in a large pan.
- Fry on medium high on the flat side of the sausage first for about 7 minutes or until browned.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet and put in oven at 350 degrees until warm.
- Then flip sausage and pour BBQ sauce and water in pan and stir
- Cook for another 7 mins or until sauce is bubbling.
- Place sausage in rolls and enjoy.
This is a great, easy lunch. I didn't have hawaiian rolls, so just used some random buns/bread I had in the freezer. I also added some provolone cheese. This is such an easy recipe. it was perfect since I'm running low on groceries and needed something with few ingredients. Thanks so much for posting!