Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 hrs
Brisket can't hold a candle to shoulder clod. It is by far, more juicy and tasty. Pull it, chop it, mix a little of your favorite BBQ sauce in the meat and serve on your favorite bun.
- 16 -20 lbs beef, clod
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- yellow mustard
- Trim fat cap to 1/4” or less. Remove silver skin.
- Thoroughly Jaccard both sides of clod.
- Lightly sprinkle Worcestershire Sauce over both sides.
- Lightly coat with Yellow Mustard.
- Apply Rub.
- Wrap in plastic and rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Prepare smoker for cooking temperature of 225-250 with oak or hickory chunks.
- Foil at 160 to retain moisture.
- Cook til 193* internal temperature Put into a pan and rest 1 hour in cooler.
- Slice and/or Pull clod.
- Serve on Sourdough Bread with Prepared Horseradish, Onion and a Clausen Deli Slice Pickle.
My husband came home from the store with a HUGE beef shoulder clod which he thought was a brisket. THIS RECIPE WAS PERFECT! It was a great success with our 60 guests.