Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This came from a cookbook my friend gave me. They are so tender and delicious. The beef melts in your mouth.
- 3 lbs lean boneless beef chuck
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 8 French rolls or 8 sandwich buns
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients except rolls in medium bowl and then pour over meat.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker, shred with a fork.
- Combine beef with sauce from slow cooker.
- Make Sanwiches.
I thought this was good! It was easy, of course, cooking in the crockpot all day and I enjoyed the flavor. It's not a strong, saucy bbq, but rather, the sauce enhances the beef's flavor and is very tender. I piled it on sandwiches and topped it with mozzarella!
I'm so sorry, we followed this recipe exactly, but it came out very bland. There wasn't any BBQ taste at all...plus the sauce was very thin and runny. I wish I could rate it higher, but it just isn't something that I will make again.