Recipe by Derf
This quite tasty after a long day at work, more seasonings can be added, to add heat if you wish. Serve with a salad. I have also served it with mashed potatoes and veggies, without buns.
Top Review by chia
my family really loved the tangy sauce. my beef did not slice, it actually shredded, but since it was served on the buns it was easier to eat. this was a quick, easy, tasty weeknight meal
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves (or any other fruit preserves to your liking)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Or what ever kind you have around)
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 12 kaiser rolls or 12 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 4 pieces.
- Place beef in 4-5 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients except buns, pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker.
- Cut beef into thin slices.
- Stir back into sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 20-30 minutes longer or until beef is hot.
- Fill buns with beef mixture.
- The leftover beef can be frozen with the sauce if you do not need 12 at one sitting.