Recipe by Manda
My aunt's recipe...a family fave. Great because you can prepare everything the day before, and just pop it in the oven an hour before guests are expected. The guys LOVE this one!
- 3 -5 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook roast until tender (3 hours or so).
- Let cool and shred meat.
- Mix sauce ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Best when roast is cooked, shredded, and mixed with sauce the day before so flavors blend.
- Store in refrigerator, then bake before serving.
- Serve with large, crusty italian rolls.