Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My aunt's recipe...a family fave. Great because you can prepare everything the day before, and just pop it in the oven an hour before guests are expected. The guys LOVE this one!
- 3 -5 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Cook roast until tender (3 hours or so).
- Let cool and shred meat.
- Mix sauce ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Best when roast is cooked, shredded, and mixed with sauce the day before so flavors blend.
- Store in refrigerator, then bake before serving.
- Serve with large, crusty italian rolls.
Tried this today with a leftover eye of round roast. Popped it all in the crockpot. Very good & tasty. Big hit at our house.
Loved this recipe....the only thing I changed was to add 4 cloves of garlic and some hot sauce. Also added alittle Adobo and threw it in the crock for 12 hours!
Highly recomended!! Easy for the beginner cook if you have the time. Very tasty. I suggest shredding the meat well. Thank you Manda for sharing this recipe.I would give it two thumbs up.