Recipe by AHales
Adapted from a family friend's recipe. Delicious and my husband asks for it all the time! Great as leftovers and can be made into a beef stew too! Serve on toasted sourdough roles and serve with coleslaw (we like the Fanny Flagg recipe).
Top Review by Cook4_6
My husband is a BBQ fanatic and he really enjoyed this. I did not have a can of French Onion soup, so I sauteed a sweet onion in butter and added a can of beef broth (in place of it and the water). I, also drained the meat and added more BBQ sauce before serving this. Very Good!
- 1 beef roast (O-bone or chuck is good, serves 3-5)
- 6 ounces of your favourite barbecue sauce (We like Chris & Pitt's - just make sure it has a lot of bite!)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 -16 ounce) canheinz French onion soup (depending how much broth you want with the beef)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for approximately 5 hours (longer is okay).
- Add more bbq sauce (to taste) and salt and pepper and make sure the meat has come off the bone and is stringy.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns.