Recipe by Bergy
If you wish you can pre steam the ribs in the oven for 30 minutes and cut down the BBQ time. Put the ribs on a cookie sheet add 1 cup of beef broth, seal with tin foil and put in a 325°F oven. Thee BBQ time will now be about 30 minutes and I find the ribs are more tender. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. Serve with salads and baked on the BBQ potatoes
Top Review by magpie diner
No so thrilled with the marinade...I guess my tomato sauce wasn't right, it just didn't seem to work with the beer, was a strange flavour. We doctored it up with other ingredients and got it tasting good, but as is it wasn't working for me. I followed the 'steaming' directions which was great and saved me lots of hassle pre-boiling.
- 7 lbs beef back ribs
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can lager beer
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Peri Peri)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients (except ribs) in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes, cool a bit.
- Place the slabs of ribs in a large plastic bag and pour in the sauce, turn to coat the ribs and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove ribs from the marinade and reserve the marinade.
- Place ribs over medium heat and grill for 50-60 minutes turning the ribs and basting with the marinade during the last 20 minutes of cooking.