Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is yummy and very easy! I've made it up in advance to take on campouts and picnics. You can double or triple the recipe easily and make it for large groups.
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- Cook roast in oven with garlic, 1 c water some salt,and pepper on 325 for 3-4 hours till falls apart tender.
- In a sauce pan brown onions in butter. Lower heat and add ketchup till bubbling.
- Add brown sugar and molasses, taste to check if there is enough brown sugar. If not add 1T-2T more.
- Add lemon juice and cook for about 10 more minutes. Add meat and cook 10 min more.
- Serve over buns or rolls with cheddar cheese and onion slices if desired.
This was Superb! Easy to prepare and delicious. The beef was moist and the sauce had just the right combination of bbq flavor and sweetness.
Very tasty. I used garlic, ozark seasoning and 4S seasoning salt on the beef as it cooked and it was very good. The sauce was really easy to put togther. I think next time I will cook it in the slow cooker though. I didn't like my oven tied up for that long.