Prep 24 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
a crowd pleaser, fork tender, rich and smoky flavor
- 5 lbs beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup figaro brand liquid smoke
- 4 cups water
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 cup figaro brsnd liquid smoke
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- The night before cooking, rub ingredients 2-6 into brisket.
- marinate overnight in the fridge.
- the next day, roast the meat at 350 uncovered and without extra water for one and a half to two hours.
- pour off excess drippings.
- pour sauce over meat.
- continue baking at 350, basting occasionally, until fork tender, about another hour or so.
- while meat is baking, mix sauce ingredients in a pot and bring to a rolling boil.
- pour over brisket, as directed above, and continue baking meat in the sauce until tender.
- when meat is tender, slice thinly and place in a shallow dish.
- cover with sauce. sauce thickens as it bakes with meat.
- if possible, refrigerate overnight and reheat the next day. it will be even better.
- freezes well.
Spring PAC 2009: Well worth the effort time and effort. Perfectly seasoned and moist!