Recipe by LAURIE
Super easy BBQ for those tailgate football parties. Can cook while you sleep and be ready to head out to the game! Great comfort food for these cool fall days.
Top Review by Bergy
I used boneless, lean beef brisket (on sale) upped the garlic a notch, added salt & pepper. Instead of serving it on a bun etc I served it over Myrtle Tree Rotini and with a fresh salad - super meal, great taste Thanks Laurie
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, remove excess fat
- 2 stalks celery, cut up
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 14 ounces bottled barbecue sauce (we like regular Open Pit)
- 1⁄2 pint sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except pickle relish and lemon juice in crockpot.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Mash with a potatoe masher until meat is no longer chunky and slightly shredded.
- Stir in pickle relish and lemon juice.
- Serve on toasted buns as a sandwich or we like it over mashed potatoes.