Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Do you want cowboy comfort food without having to ride a horse? Then "ride the range" for a few minutes in the kitchen and you'll be "sitting tall in the saddle" when you serve this to your family. Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 5th,2007
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 6 ounces diced Spam
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar)
- In a medium pan over medium heat sautÃ© onions in oil until slightly soft.
- Add diced Spam and cook until lightly browned.
- Then add beans and BBQ sauce, stirring until well blended.
- Turn heat down to simmer until thickened,stirring occasionally.
- If desired serve over biscuits.