Recipe by nannymelissa
A great meal! Quick and Simple! Crock pot!
Top Review by summer2715
I eliminated the brown sugar as we do NOT like the sweetness. Into the beans, I add about 5 oz. chorizo,taking casing off (breaking off M&M size pieces and pushing down into bean mixture. The smoked sausage on top - I sliced into piecs and laid on top, until midway thru cooking when I stirred them down into bean mix. The bbq sauces today are way TOO sweet for my taste so I used a BBQ concentrate& marinade sauce called Woody's Cook-in Sauce.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb fully cooked smoked sausage