Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A great meal! Quick and Simple! Crock pot!
Make and share this BBQ Beans and Sausage Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb fully cooked smoked sausage
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except sausage in crock pot.
- Place sausage on top of mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat 5 to 6 hours.
I eliminated the brown sugar as we do NOT like the sweetness. Into the beans, I add about 5 oz. chorizo,taking casing off (breaking off M&M size pieces and pushing down into bean mixture. The smoked sausage on top - I sliced into piecs and laid on top, until midway thru cooking when I stirred them down into bean mix. The bbq sauces today are way TOO sweet for my taste so I used a BBQ concentrate& marinade sauce called Woody's Cook-in Sauce.
These were great baked beans. They were quick and very easy to make. I used a spicy smoked sausage it gave the dish and added kick. We loved the flavour and texture of these beans and we found that the sausage complimented the dish perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing a new favorite...bk
Really good and filling! I used Healthy Choice turkey smoked sausage. It's a little sweet with a little kick to it. Definitely will make this again. Thanx for sharing.