Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A recipe from an old church cookbook that we love! This recipe uses a large crock pot.
- 75 ounces pork & beans
- 32 ounces bbq beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 5 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 5 tablespoons dark molasses
- 5 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, uncooked
- In large bowl mix ingredients except bacon. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Cut bacon into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Line the bottom of the crock pot with half the bacon pieces.
- Pour bean mixture into crock pot and top with remaining bacon.
- Cook on low overnight or approx 12 hours. Stir occasionally only after nine hours.
- If beans seem too moist or soupy, vent the lid for the last 2-3 hours.