1/2 Photos of BBQ.....bbq Grilled Chicken Thighs in Tomato Chipotle Sauce
Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
A little heat never hurt anyone, Medium!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Tomato Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, crumbled
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
For the chicken
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat warm the oil. Add the onion saute' for 5 minutes. Next add the chipotles,tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 2In a blender pur'ee the sauce, stir in the cilantro and lemon zest. Mix together garlic and olive oil, then brush it on the chicken, season with the salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the grill to high and put chicken on the grill, skin side up. Brush both sides of the chicken with half of the chipotle sauce. Grill 8-10 minutes per side depending on the size of the thighs.
- 4When finished grilling put the chicken on a plater, add the rest of the chipotle tomato sauce over the thighs, serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ.....bbq Grilled Chicken Thighs in Tomato Chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.3
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 197.4 mg
- Sodium 1929.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of