Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A little heat never hurt anyone, Medium!
Make and share this BBQ.....bbq Grilled Chicken Thighs in Tomato Chipotle Sauce recipe from Food.com.
For the Tomato Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
For the chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat warm the oil. Add the onion saute' for 5 minutes. Next add the chipotles,tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In a blender pur'ee the sauce, stir in the cilantro and lemon zest. Mix together garlic and olive oil, then brush it on the chicken, season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to high and put chicken on the grill, skin side up. Brush both sides of the chicken with half of the chipotle sauce. Grill 8-10 minutes per side depending on the size of the thighs.
- When finished grilling put the chicken on a plater, add the rest of the chipotle tomato sauce over the thighs, serve.