Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Another Halloween recipe, No bats are injured in the making of this recipe!
- 150 ml ketchup
- 75 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 chicken wings
- Mix marinade ingredients together.
- Marinate chicken wings in this mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 (350 deg F/175 deg C).
- Place wings in baking dish and ensure they are all completely coverd with sauce. Bake for 40 minutes, turning and basting after 20 minutes.
- Turn oven up to gas mark 7 (425 deg F/220 deg C) and cook for half an hour, basting and turning frequently. It's important to keep basting as though you want the sauce on the outside to blacken you want the wings to stay succulent.
These were excellent. I adapted the recipe to use with a crock pot for a Halloween party with which I was assisting and it went very well. Thanks for the recipe.
These wings are AMAZING! I only had a dozen of the mid joint pieces, so it seemed like I had a lot of extra sauce for the amount of chicken, but by the end the sauce had thickened so much that it was the perfect amount. I only got to marinate the chicken for about an hour, but they were still so tender and full of flavour. This is my new favourite wing recipe. Thank you!