1 hr 10 mins
Dave Dallas's Note:
This is a great rub for any thick cut of meat! All of the ingredients are easily found wherever you live (and that's important to me in recipe-ingredient-challenged northwestern Pennsylvania). If you are like me and enjoy watching those BBQ cook-offs and festivals on TV, this an easy way to get into the act using your basic backyard grill. I use a standard dual burner gas model; if you have a "Weber" charcoal kettle, so much the better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (raw, not brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour mash whiskey
- hickory wood chunks, soaked in water
- 1Mix 1/2 cup raw sugar* with 1 tsp each; onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika, freshly cracked black pepper, sea salt, and ground coriander seed.
- 2Stir in 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and 1/4 cup sour mash whiskey (I use "Jack Daniel's").
- 3Rub mixture into meat, cover and marinate overnight.
- 4Grill meat over low/medium coals until done to taste.
- 5Note: a great rub for any thick cut of beef, pork or chicken! I grill/smoke on the upper rack (unlit side) of my dual burner gas grill, only lighting the burner on the far side which has a small pan filled with hickory chunks nestled in the midst of the briquettes.
- 6*raw sugar differs from brown sugar despite the cosmetic similarities; raw sugar (unrefined) does not burn and/or caramelize as traditional brown sugar. Even the grocers in our small town carry this product.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ (Barbecue) Wet Rub
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.0
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g