Recipe by kiwidutch
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006. Use a small long dish with low sides to place your foil into while assembling these so that you don't let the liquid escape while you are folding up the parcel. REGION: New Zealand.
Top Review by Akikobay
Wonderful! We baked these in the oven for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees. I left out the rum and used a splash of vanilla instead because my kids were going to consume this. We served it with ice cream and it was delicious!
- 4 large bananas
- 60 ml dark rum (4 Tablespoons)
- 50 g demerara sugar (2 oz)
- 1 large orange, juice and zest of (grated)
- 2 1⁄2 ml ground cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- 25 g butter (1 oz) or 25 g margarine (1 oz)
- orange slice, to decorate
- whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 4 large rectangles of baking foil, peel the bananas (keeping them whole) and lay one on each piece of foil. Stab them carefully in several places with a small toothpick.
- Mix together rum, sugar, orange juice and cinnamon, add to each parcel and place 1/4 of the butter on top of the banana in each parcel.
- Carefully join up the long sides of the foil over the banana and fold over several times to seal, then fold up the short ends of the foil so that the liquid can not escape during cooking.
- Place the parcels on the BBQ and grill for 15 minutes, turning them over once after 7 minutes.
- Open the parcels carefully and transfer to serving dishes, pour over liquid that is left in the foil, decorate with orange slices and serve with whipped cream or icecream.