Recipe by JMSnyder
If you like banana's, chocolate and marshmallows then this is the dessert for you. Its quick and very simple to make. Any chocolate can be substituted for the Hersey bar, we like the chocolate that has the caramel center as well. This is a good dessert for those BBQ nights or a special treat!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This little treat tasted like my chocolate marshmallow fondue recipe! DH, who rarely eats sweets, plowed through two of these! DS wasn't sure about hot bananas, but agreed that the flavor was great. I did have a little trouble fitting everything into the cuts in the banana. Turns out that my chocolate was too thick. I used Dove bars because I have never liked the flavor of Hershey's, so I set aside the squares of chocolate for something else. Now I took a full bar held it over the marshmallow stuffed banana & shaved chocolate over everything with a vegetable peeler. There was no real way to make these look pretty though. lol Thanks for sharing, JM! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for the July 2008 BBQ/Grilling photo tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- Hold banana with both ends facing up and cut through the skin down the center, lenghtwise, not piercing the banana.
- Pull the skin apart and make 8 horizontal slices into the banana, about 1/2 inch apart or so.
- Place a piece of the Hershey bar into a slice, and a Marshmallow into the next one, and so on until all slices are filled.
- Pull the skin of the banana closed again and wrap the banana in foil.
- Place banana on it's side, either on BBQ grill, with medium heat setting, this can also be done in a 350 degree oven.
- Let the banana cook for 10 minutes or until the banana is soft to the touch.
- Unwrap banana (the skin will most likely be dark in color or seem burned), let stand for 5 minutes (can be very hot), and enjoy!