Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick easy recipe. The marinade gives a little boost to the flavor.
- 2 Cornish hens (backbone removed & split in two)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- Marinade: (Reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade for basting the hens while barbecuing).
- Combine Garlic, vinegar, oil, rosemary, hot sauce, cumin, oregano and pepper in a large Zip Lock plastic bag.
- Put hens in the marinade bag and turn to coat the hens.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat BBQ to medium heat.
- Spray grill with oil and place hens skin side down on rack.
- Baste with the reserved marinade.
- Cook until the juices run clear when the thigh pierced 20-30 minutes.
not a bad BBQ recipe....but it lacked flavor. Not enough marinade I suspect.However, I would do it again.