Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
Caution! This is EXTREMELY addictive! Requested by a very good friend. This is from my Sister. She never measured. I finally got the recipe down using measurements. It's the perfect blend of sweet with a slight tang! Can be made ahead and cooked the next day. Leave it in your slow cooker and take it along. Thanks SIS!
Top Review by Becca Bricker
These were really good. I have never liked baked beans but I did have a helping of this and it was actually very good. I will definitely make this again for all of my baked bean lovers in my family.
- 1559.22 g canned pork and beans
- 453.59 g bacon, diced (cut length wise 2 times then across)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml barbecue sauce
- 118.29 ml catsup
- 59.14 ml dark molasses
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml horseradish sauce (it has to be sauce and not straight horseradish!)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon and onion until almost burned (add garlic toward the end).
- Drain fat.
- Place in crock pot or casserole all remaining ingredients, except brown sugar. Mix.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar (Do NOT STIR IN SUGAR!), put on lid.
- Cook in slow cooker on low 2 hours.
- Or cook in oven at 350°F 1/1/2 hours.
- Stir gently.
- Let stand with lid on about 1/2 hour before serving.