1/1 Photo of BBQ Baked Beans (Or Slow Cooker)
1 hr 20 mins
Your Gourmet Girlfriend's Note:
Caution! This is EXTREMELY addictive! Requested by a very good friend. This is from my Sister. She never measured. I finally got the recipe down using measurements. It's the perfect blend of sweet with a slight tang! Can be made ahead and cooked the next day. Leave it in your slow cooker and take it along. Thanks SIS!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 55 ounces canned pork and beans
- 1 lb bacon, diced (cut length wise 2 times then across)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce (it has to be sauce and not straight horseradish!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1Fry bacon and onion until almost burned (add garlic toward the end).
- 2Drain fat.
- 3Place in crock pot or casserole all remaining ingredients, except brown sugar. Mix.
- 4Sprinkle with brown sugar (Do NOT STIR IN SUGAR!), put on lid.
- 5Cook in slow cooker on low 2 hours.
- 6Or cook in oven at 350°F 1/1/2 hours.
- 7Stir gently.
- 8Let stand with lid on about 1/2 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Baked Beans (Or Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.4
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 2896.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 26.5 g