Recipe by nochlo
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This meatloaf was excellent! I doubled the recipe to have enough to feed 10 for a dinner with family tonight. Everyone was raving and I had to give the recipe to two of my sister-in-laws. In order to crisp the bacon I baked it in the oven while the meatloaf was baking. I upped the baking time to an hour, then added the barbecue sauce and sprinkled with the bacon and baked for the last 15 minutes. I am so glad that I chose to tag this delicious recipe. Thanks nochlo! Made for PRMR.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 6 slices bacon
- barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. put the baking pan in the oven to warm while making meatloaf.
- melt butter and mix with water, salt, and pepper.
- next, add all ingredients except bacon and bbq sauce.
- spray baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- form mixture into a loaf and place the oven for 40 minutes.
- while meatloaf is baking, fry up the bacon until crisp and crumble into bite size pieces.
- remove from oven and slice into pieces. sprinkle bacon on top and the squirt bbq sauce on top.
- bake for another 10-15 minutes remove from oven and serve.