Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 6 slices bacon
- barbecue sauce
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. put the baking pan in the oven to warm while making meatloaf.
- melt butter and mix with water, salt, and pepper.
- next, add all ingredients except bacon and bbq sauce.
- spray baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- form mixture into a loaf and place the oven for 40 minutes.
- while meatloaf is baking, fry up the bacon until crisp and crumble into bite size pieces.
- remove from oven and slice into pieces. sprinkle bacon on top and the squirt bbq sauce on top.
- bake for another 10-15 minutes remove from oven and serve.
This meatloaf was excellent! I doubled the recipe to have enough to feed 10 for a dinner with family tonight. Everyone was raving and I had to give the recipe to two of my sister-in-laws. In order to crisp the bacon I baked it in the oven while the meatloaf was baking. I upped the baking time to an hour, then added the barbecue sauce and sprinkled with the bacon and baked for the last 15 minutes. I am so glad that I chose to tag this delicious recipe. Thanks nochlo! Made for PRMR.
Very good and different meatloaf -- which held together very well (which I have problems with sometimes) - our's was rather spicy, but we picked a spicy bbq sauce and I think ourbacon had some pepper in it too. We cooked it in a loaf pan, added 10 minutes to cooking time but other wise made as directed with some minor changes. Thanks for sharing!
A different way of making meatloaf for me....but good nonetheless!!<br/>This method makes for a truly moist and tender meatloaf, yet it still holds together beautifully when sliced.<br/>I covered the kids slices with regular BBQ sauce, and mine and DH's with our old favourite ( courtesy of the gorgeous gailanng!!) Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.<br/>Deeelicious....all plates cleared and lips smacked! Plus, as it was SO easy to throw together, maybe even DH can make it for dinner!!!<br/>Made for PRMR.