Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One day I planned on cooking burgers for dinner. When time came to make dinner, I didn't feel like a regular burger, go figure. So i came up with this. It went from boring to WOW!
- 10 slice bacon
- 566.99 g ground beef
- 5 hamburger buns
- 5 slice American cheese
- 1 whole diced vidalia onion
- salt & pepper
- 118.29 ml sweet baby rays barbecue sauce
- 29.58 ml gourmet burger seasoning
- In a frying pan, start cooking the bacon. While the bacon is frying, cut up the onion and set aside. Finish cooking the bacon and remove and put on paper towels.
- Butter the buns and set aside.
- Drain the skillet that has the bacon grease into a bowl and set aside. (you will use this pan for the burgers).
- Make 5 patties out of the ground beef and place in the skillet. Fry on medium heat until cooked thoroughly.
- In the meantime in another skillet, lightly toast the buns. Set aside.
- By this time the burgers should be ¾ of the way done, add cheese to the top of the burgers to melt. Put the burgers on a paper towel whenever finished.
- In the meantime, pour a little bacon grease in the same skillet used for the buns and add the onions and burger seasoning and saute for up to 3 minutes. Add the BBQ sauce directly to the onions and heat for about 1 minute.
- Dress your burgers, add the patty and cross the bacon on top then add the BBQ onion mixture. Serve right away.
Yes, these are definitely WOW burgers. I didn't make them exactly as posted, but I did make the onions as directed, and this burger is all about them. I cooked my bacon, and used some of the grease for the onions. However, I grilled my burgers and used sharp Cheddar cheese and served them on a toasted onion roll. The onions in the barbecue sauce were fantastic and the star of the show. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
Very tasty burger, I loved the BBQ onions! I seasoned my burgers and onions with Montreal Steak Seasoning, and I grilled the burgers since the weather was nice. I topped these with sliced of cheddar since we do not buy American cheese, but it didn't make that much of a difference. I loved the BBQ sauce mixed with the onions; gave it just enough sauce that you didn't need to put anything else on the burger, but it was not to sloppy. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Wow! These are indeed wow burgers! They are so simple and we really enjoyed them. The onions and BBQ put these over the top. My grandson thought these were the best burgers that I've made - and that's saying alot. Have lots of napkins handy - they are messy to eat - one of the things that makes them so good. Thanks nochlo for a great keeper. Made for Everyday Is a Holiday Tag.