Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe a few years ago off another web site, and this has become my family's favorite meatloaf.
- 6 slice bacon
- 907.18 g lean ground chuck or 907.18 g ground round
- 236.59 ml white breadcrumb (2 slices white bread)
- 473.18 ml sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (8 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 118.32 ml barbecue sauce, divided use
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned. Remove the bacon from the skillet, drain, and crumble. In the remaining fat in the skillet, saute the onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to gently but thoroughly mix together the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, sauteed onion, reserved bacon pieces, 4 tablespoons of the barbeque sauce, worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place in a large 2" deep baking pan. Spread the top of the loaf with the remaining 4 tablespoons of barbeque sauce.
- Bake until the loaf is firm, 60 to 75 minutes, or until done. Let the meatloaf stand in the
- baking dish for 10 minutes, then cut into slices to serve.
Great recipe! This sliced up nicely & made great leftovers!
I made a half recipe. This is a fine meatloaf but I guess I prefer a more traditional meat loaf. It is very flavorful.
This recipe gave the meatloaf so much flavor! I loved it, but once again the hubby said he didn't like it. I think he is crazy! I did switch it up a little bit by using l lb of ground chuck, and l lb of ground pork. I put chedder in the meat mixture and in the middle. I thought it was fabulous and I will defiantly be making this again wheather the hubby likes it or not. I even used a spicy bbq sauce because he likes spicey things. On a side note he did have two helpings, lol. But didn't eat the leftovers we had. I did! Next time I think I will put it on a bun for him, hahahaha. Tell him it is a bacon cheese burger.