Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This cheeseburger is very tasty but also lower in fat. It is a recipe from Devin Alexander, whose own low-cal creations have helped her lose 55 pounds and led to a career as a weight-loss chef. This recipe of hers was published in Woman's World.
- 4 ounces 96% lean ground beef
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 reduced-calorie light hamburger bun
- 1⁄2 ounce reduced-fat swiss cheese, slice
- 1 -2 tablespoon red onion, slivers
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- On wax paper, shape beef into a tight 4-inch patty; lightly salt both sides.
- Place in freezer 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy; drain on paper towels.
- Grill chilled patty to desired doneness.
- Toast bun on grill rack 30-60 seconds, watching carefully.
- Top burger with cheese a few seconds before removing from grill.
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
yummy burgers! I doubled it to make 2. I made exactly as posted except I didn't toast the bun and I cooked the burger in a frying pan. The swiss cheese was perfect with the onion, bacon, and barbecue sauce. Thanks for the keeper :)
This burger is so good. We just omitted the onion cause I didn't have red onion. Next time I'll try it with red onion. Thanks Lainey. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.