This cheeseburger is very tasty but also lower in fat. It is a recipe from Devin Alexander, whose own low-cal creations have helped her lose 55 pounds and led to a career as a weight-loss chef. This recipe of hers was published in Woman's World.
- On wax paper, shape beef into a tight 4-inch patty; lightly salt both sides.
- Place in freezer 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy; drain on paper towels.
- Grill chilled patty to desired doneness.
- Toast bun on grill rack 30-60 seconds, watching carefully.
- Top burger with cheese a few seconds before removing from grill.
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.