Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rachael Ray show.
Make and share this BBQ Bacon Burgers With Fire-Roasted Corn on the Cob recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced to a paste
- lime, juice and zest of, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 10 -12 slices bacon
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar, depending on your desired sweetness
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning, such as McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed
- 1⁄2 lb queso fresco or 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, grated
- 2 scallions, whites and green tops, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place a small sauce pot over medium heat and add heavy cream, chipotle paste and lime zest. Bring up to a simmer and season with salt and pepper. Turn heat down to low and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- While cream is heating through, heat a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon EVOO. Add the bacon to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until crispy. Remove the bacon from pan and set on a paper towel-lined plate, leaving 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the pan. With the pan still on medium-high heat, add the red onion and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until onions are slightly translucent. Add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and the lime juice, and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and bring up to a simmer. Season BBQ sauce with salt and pepper, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- While sauces are simmering, husk the corn, remove all the silk then run under cold water until wet.
- In a medium bowl, combine meat with cumin, chili powder, steak seasoning, coriander and chopped garlic for the burgers. Divide meat into 4 patties about 1 inch thick. Drizzle patties with a touch of EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the corn and the patties on the grill. Grill, turning frequently, until tender and well-charred all over.
- Grill the burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side. Baste them with some of the BBQ sauce the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Before the burgers and corn are ready to come off the grill, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 turn of the pan EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add the spinach to the pan for about 1 minute, or until barely wilted.
- Place a burger on a Kaiser roll and top it with BBQ sauce, bacon slices and spinach. Remove the corn from the grill pan and place on a serving platter. Pour the chipotle-cream mixture over the top of the corn and sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and cilantro.