Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southwestern flavors highlight this vegetarian take on a BLT. Try with an onion bagel!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin or 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 bagels, cut horizontally in half
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In food processor or blender, cover and process beans, salsa and cumin until smooth.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over each of 4 bagel halves.
- Top with tomato, lettuce and remaining bagel halves.
I loved the flavours of cumin and black beans with salsa. We did add some cilantro because we think everything tastes better with it (except ice cream, LOL). I did not think the texture and appearance was very appetizing. Next time I will lightly smash some of the beans, leaving some whole so that people who don't know what the sandwich is can see it's black beans. Otherwise, it has a very disturbing appearance. 5 stars for flavour, and with changes, 5 stars overall. Thanks, poo. Made for football pool, week 3.