Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Copycat recipe. Needs to marinate 4-6 hours.
- 2 lbs pork ribs (loin)
- 4 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
DRY SPICE RUB
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- To make the dry spice rub: In a jar combine all ingredients well and store in a dry place, covered, until ready to use.
- Rub ribs well with some of the Dry Spice Rub and refrigerate, covered, for 4 to 6 hours.
- In a saucepan combine tomato sauce, tomato, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion, soy sauce, water, and 1/2 cup Dry Spice Rub and cook over very low heat for 3 hours.
- Preheat a grill or smoker over low heat until hot.
- Add ribs and cook, covered, for 3 to 5 hours.
- Brush with sauce during last minutes of cooking.
- Serve with remaining sauce, coleslaw, and corn.