Recipe by Nyteglori
Great with fish or red meats
Top Review by Tisme
I served these as a side dish to a roast and they were very, very good. The glaze/sauce is wonderful and even the non onion eaters of the family enjoyed them. A great dish to cook when you have a roast in the oven and the flavours are wonderful. Thanks Nyteglori great and easy dish to serve with the next roast!!!
- 6 medium yellow onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch clove
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut a cross 1/2 inch deep in the top of each onion, spreading it open slightly.
- Combine butter, honey, mustard and vinegar, blending until smooth.
- Add spices and mix well.
- Place onions close together in ovenproof dish.
- Pour the water around them and spoon about 2 T glaze over each onion.
- Bake for one hour, basting with the remaining sauce every 10 minutes.