Recipe by P4
I am not sure if this recipe is traditional or not, but I did get it from a Croatian friend. This is a sweet, pudding-like dish that is appropriate for breakfest or brunch.
Top Review by cookingmother
I love to try different recipes for cornbread. Looking at the ingredients, I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, but it was great. I like a sweeter bread; this was a little less sweet than I'm used to, but it was very moist and delicious. I will definitely make it again. thanks!
- 1 lb cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the first four ingredients together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake until the top is nice and brown.
- Slice and serve warm with with sliced fruit, berries, cream, or syrup.