Chef #1281603's Note:
I got this recipe from my Mom. They make a healthy, delicious breakfast or after school snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shredded Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Mix: shredded apples & sugar.
- 3Add to apple mix: cranberry sauce, shredded carrots & nuts. (set aside).
- 4In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- 5Add to dry mix: beaten eggs and applesauce.
- 6Gently stir ingredients from both bowls together.
- 7Spray muffin tins with no-stick spray.
- 8Fill tins completely.
- 9Bake 25-30 minutes Check after 20 minutes (because all ovens are different). If toothpick inserted to the middle of the muffin comes out clean, muffins are done.
- 10Remove from oven & let them set 5 minutes before removing from tins.
- 11Enjoy! Delicious alone or with butter or cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baystate Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 284.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g