Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from my Mom. They make a healthy, delicious breakfast or after school snack.
Make and share this Baystate Breakfast Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups shredded Granny Smith apples
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix: shredded apples & sugar.
- Add to apple mix: cranberry sauce, shredded carrots & nuts. (set aside).
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add to dry mix: beaten eggs and applesauce.
- Gently stir ingredients from both bowls together.
- Spray muffin tins with no-stick spray.
- Fill tins completely.
- Bake 25-30 minutes Check after 20 minutes (because all ovens are different). If toothpick inserted to the middle of the muffin comes out clean, muffins are done.
- Remove from oven & let them set 5 minutes before removing from tins.
- Enjoy! Delicious alone or with butter or cream cheese.