Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adapted this recipe out of the Desperation Dinner's cookbook. It goes together quickly and the family enjoys it.
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1 pound total
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a 12 inch nonstick skillet that has a lid. Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to skillet as you chop. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally. While the onion cooks, slice the chops (easier if partially frozen) into ¼ inch strips, adding them to skillet as you cut. Stir occasionally as you add the strips.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the pork and onions. Cook, stirring often, until pork is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Raise the heat to high, add the broth and rice, and stir well. Cover the skillet and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer until most of the broth is absorbed, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in a microwave-safe dish and microwave, covered, on high, for 3 minutes to defrost.
- Uncover the skillet and stir in the broccoli and sour cream to blend well. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.