Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Simple and easy--ready in no time at all. Serve this with a green salad and spicy corn bread.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) chopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add salsa, clam juice and chiles; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine water and flour; blend until smooth. Add to mixture in skillet; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve in bowls, with or without rice.